INTENSIVE RESIDENTIAL CONVEYANCING - FOUR DAY COURSE
TUESDAY 20, WEDNESDAY 21, TUESDAY 27 AND WEDNESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2018
9.00 am – 4.45 PM
Registration: 9.00 am
Venue: The Village Hotel, Wessex Fields, Deansleigh Road, Bournemouth BH7 7DZ
Please note there is no charge for BDLS delegates to park at this hotel – they will need to note the exit code which is displayed in the hotel reception to leave the car park.
Cost: £500 24 hours CPD
This course has been designed specifically for support staff, new employees and qualified staff new to residential conveyancing or wishing to change their specialisation. It is intensive requiring delegates to attend four full days.
It has been designed with the following aims -
- to explain key land law principles sitting behind the residential conveyancing process examining residential leasehold and freehold conveyancing
- to introduce the Conveyancing Protocol and the various steps within the residential conveyancing procedure
- to introduce residential conveyancing forms and documentation and basic drafting issues including TA forms, Contracts, Transfers, and Land Registry forms
- to explain relevant Land Registry procedure
- to examine what can go wrong and how negligence claims arise
Delegates will be provided with two volumes of a Residential Conveyancing manual.
Delegates will be required to complete and pass a post course written assignment in order to obtain a BDLS Certificate in Residential Conveyancing
This lecture will be presented by IAN QUAYLE - qualified as a solicitor and worked in private practice for 12 years specialising in property law matters. Since 1998 he has worked as a consultant for national housebuilders, national and international property developers in relation to all aspects of property, landlord and tenant law with a particular interest in defective title issues.