WEDNESDAY 31 JANUARY 2018 – 10.00 AM – 1.15 PM
Registration: 9.30 am
Venue: Carlton Hotel, East Overcliff, Bournemouth. BH1 3DN
Please note the entrance to the car park is in Grove Road. There is no charge for BDLS delegates to park at the hotel – they will just need to let Reception have their car registration number when they arrive
Cost: £100.00 – Member and Associate Members of BDLS/Trainee Solicitor
£125.00 – Non Member of BDLS 3 hours CPD
Mortgage company requirements are a major issue in relation to conveyancing at present. This course equips conveyancers with essential knowledge in light of the requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Specific Part 2 Issues with some of the major mortgagees
- Transactions at an undervalue
- The Water Act 2014, flood risk, insurance and mortgage requirements
- Other recent issues including solar panel leases, reporting on Japanese knotweed and building regulation issues
- Conflicts of interest and what to do
- Liability to third parties in the light of E-Surv v Goldsmith Williams (2014)
- Mortgage fraud issues and avoiding liabilityThis Seminar will be presented by:-
Richard Snape – has been the Head of Professional Support at Davitt Jones Bould since 2002. He was formerly a senior lecturer in law and Head of Land Law at the University of West of England, Bristol. He speaks at numerous courses for law societies all over the country, various public courses, in-house seminars within solicitors firms and has also talked extensively to local authorities and central government bodies. His areas of specialism include both commercial and residential property, in particular in relation to local government law, conveyancing issues, development land, commercial property and incumbrances in relation to land.