Notes for Applicants for Membership
|Member qualified for less than 5 years||£55.00|
|Member employed but not in private practice||£55.00|
|Member employed in a judicial or quasi-judicial position||£53.00|
|Fully retired member||£42.50|
|Member not in emplyment||£15.00|
|Honorary life member||£0.00|
|Associate trainee solicitor member||£0.00|
If your firm has:-
• Fewer than 10 members of the BDLS, the membership fees as detailed above are payable
• Between 10 and 15 members of the BDLS a discount of 12.5% is offered
• 16 or more members of the BDLS a discount of 17.5% is offered with a maximum amount payable of £2,250.
For firms to qualify for these discounts all solicitors in the firm eligible must be members of BDLS or their names must be put forward for membership at the earliest opportunity. If you should change your office or home address and or telephone number, please notify the Honorary Secretary.
* Associate Membership
Associate Membership is open to all legal professionals who are “authorised persons” under the Legal Services Act 2007. Associate Members can take advantage of the discounted lecture rates and attend BDLS Social events, but are not able to attend the AGM, participate in voting or sit on BDLS committees or sub-committees. Also their Specialisation details may not appear on the BDLS website Solicitors Search section.
Lectures: Members receive a discount on all BDLS Lectures. Please click here for full details and prices.
BH Live Fitness Corporate Membership: There is a discounted rate for members to use The Littledown Centre, Sir David English, Stokewood and Pelhams Park leisure centres in Bournemouth.
- Social/Networking Events: The Society holds an Annual Lunch, Annual Dinner, a Fine Dining Evening and a President’s social event annually. From time to time, additional events are slotted into the calendar.
- Bournemouth Lawyer Magazine: A quarterly Magazine is sent out to member hardcopy and by email. In particular, it includes details of forthcoming events, reports on events held, a job section, news about member firms and interesting articles.
- Cricket Team: For further details about the BDLS Cricket Section please contact the BDLS Office – 01202 587551 or email: email@example.com
- Golf Section: The Golf Section holds Meetings and arranges matches against other Societies and Bodies. If you are interested in joining please contact BDLS – 01202 587551 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sub-Committees: BDLS runs a Litigation & Dispute Resolution, a Property Group, Lectures and Private Client Group Sub-Committees. They meet regularly to monitor developments in these areas of law and inform our membership accordingly.
- Junior Lawyers Division: The Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society is open to all enrolled students, trainee solicitors, newly qualified solicitors and solicitors in active practice up to five years post qualification. There is no age restriction on membership. The division runs its own events, including lectures. A separate subscription is payable for membership of the local division however membership of the national division is free. Your details will be forwarded to the local division if you indicate that you fulfil their membership criteria and a subscription form will be forwarded to you.
- SBA: The Solicitors’ Benevolent Association exists to provide relief and assistance for necessitous persons who are or have been admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in England and Wales or who have been married to Solicitors so admitted or who are or have been dependants of Solicitors so admitted.
*Important Note* Do not send your subscription for the BDLS with your Application Form.
A notice will be sent to you after the election.
Bournemouth and District Law Society
Fir Vale Road
BH1 2JJ (DX 7616 Bournemouth)
The BDLS Solicitor Search enables you to easily find a BDLS registered solicitor in your area.
You can even search for experts by speciality, ensuring that you'll always get the perfect fit for your legal requirements, every time.